Friday, January 24, 2014

Sneak Sauce


Let's face it, for most families it's hard to get all those veggies in our kids.  I have seen all kinds of things blended and served in "secret" form for a long time.  We love spaghetti around here and it's something that, without little fight, we can get Owen to eat.  I thought for once I'm going to cheat him; I'm going to add something he won't even know!

It's super easy and you could really get creative.  I only had carrots and onion so that's what I used with a jarred sauce.  I think next time I will get a little ambitious and use spinach too, although that might frighten Adam away.

In my food processor I ground up carrots, when those were well chopped I added some onions and blended it until almost smooth. Once my meat was cooked through (I used organic grass fed ground beef so this could also be gluten free) I added the vegetable puree straight into the meat and mixed it all together with some fresh garlic.  I added our favorite jar sauce and warmed it up and we were good to go!  I served ours over whole wheat pasta.



How easy is that? This of course was my way of making it, feel free to get "sneaky" with your own version!  I found the great thing about carrots is they add a little sweetness.  It was just one extra step to add a full serving of veggies.  Seems simple enough to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment