Thursday, January 30, 2014

Basic Cream Cheese Frosting

Since I started making my own frosting I just can't bring myself to buy a store bought one.  I wish I had realized sooner how easy it is to make at home.  You can whip the ingredients together while your favorite cakes bake.  It's just as easy to add coloring or flavoring too.  It stores up to two weeks in the fridge in an airtight container.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

In a stand mixer fixed with the whisk attachment, blend together the cream cheese and butter.  Stir in the vanilla and salt.  In 1/2 cup increments whisk in the powdered sugar.  Once you've added all the powered sugar, whisk on high till the frosting is smooth.  Refrigerate to firm it up.

Then simply frost your favorite cookies, cupcakes, brownies or cakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment