Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Meanwhile in Kentucky...

When our family left Alaska, last October, we swore that if we never saw snow again that would be okay with us.  This morning I woke up to this.




To say I'm not totally ecstatic would be a lie.  I love the snow.  I love the cold.  I loved everything about Alaska in the winter, except maybe the darkness.  I feel fortunate enough to have had such an experience that now, I want to go out front and break out my snow shovel.  Just kidding, we don't even have one, because we didn't think it even snowed here, in Kentucky.  I'm sure Adam will read this and be incredibly thankful that he is in South Carolina, that he doesn't have to go to work in this mess and that he doesn't have to take the dog out.  Myself, on the other hand, might be found out back making snow angels.  For now, I'm going to make a cup of hot chocolate, fill it to the top with marshmallows and sit and watch the snow fall.

Oh, and our little love, Charlie, is having the time of his life.


No comments:

Post a Comment