Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Butterfinger Bites


Who doesn't love candy?

I love butterfingers.  Actually if we are being honest here I love all candy, so I decided to find a decent recipe and make them myself.  Adam and I have been working hard on a budget, mainly in the food dept so buying bags of mini candies just aren't in the mix.  We found candy corn on clearance at our local grocery store in the holiday section and grabbed up a few bags to make some yummy treats! 

These are incredibly easy, insanely tasty and I still have a bag of them frozen in the freezer.

Ingredients:
1 10oz bag of candy corn
1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1 bag of chocolate chips (I used milk but would recommend semi-sweets)

Melt the candy corn in the microwave on 30 second increments until smooth.  Add in the peanut butter and melt once more.  Mix till combined and put in a parchment paper lined pan.  Flatten the candy and place in the freezer for about 20 mins.  

Melt the chocolate chips.

When the candy comes out of the freezer cut into bite size pieces and dip in the chocolate.  Set on parchment paper.  When you are done dipping them all put them back in the freezer for 5-10 mins and enjoy!

3 comments: