Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's Wednesday!

It's already the middle of the week!  With hubby leaving on monday, Haley having an appointment yesterday and the dog going to his first vet appointment today it's been pretty hectic.  I slacked at my points and I am showing for it.  Now I'm ready to get back in the saddle and ride off to a big loss next week.

Our little Charlie finally turned eight weeks so now he gets to have his shots.  I'm sure he won't be thrilled about it and to be quite honest, I'm not looking forward to dragging him (literally) into the office with two kids in tow.  This is the life though.


Situations like today are why I find military wives to be so strong.  Overcoming challenges alone.  Not many married women handled things like six month shots or taking the dog to the vet without help.  I would be lying if I said I didn't wish we had more friends around here but I will manage and get by just as I did when we first got to Alaska.

By no means am I knocking anyone that relies on help.  I respect single moms (and dads).  I just think sending your husband off to war and running a normal household make a women strong.  I am so thankful Adam is only in school or else I might have gone home to my mom.

2 comments:

  1. Very well put :) You are very strong!! And even if it is chaotic that happens, you just deal with it and move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have had a lot of wonderful role models like you!

      Delete