Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Oven "Fried" Turkey Bacon

Bacon seems to be the hot thing these days.  People bake with it, wrap things in it, crumble it on top of everything.  We eat it pretty frequently, but I needed to make the switch to turkey to, hopefully, trim my waistline.   When I started buying turkey bacon I would fry it up in a pan the way you would a traditional bacon, unfortunately it never got crispy enough.  I recently tried making bacon in the oven for BLT sandwiches and I thought why not try it with turkey bacon.  The result was fantastic and this will be the only way I make turkey bacon from now on :)


Line a sheet pan with foil.  Place the strips of turkey bacon in a line making sure they aren't touching. Put them in a COLD oven and set it 400.  Set the time for 15 minutes, you will hear some sizzle and popping as it cooks.  Remove from the pan onto a paper towel to remove any excess grease and serve warm.


This bacon was crisp, tasty and only a quarter of the fat!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment