Saturday, January 25, 2014

Homemade Frozen Yogurt


My biggest downfall on Weight Watchers is my love for sweets.  I would give up an entire meal to eat a piece of cake and unfortunately, that just isn't a reasonable weight loss method.  I love ice cream. I love it a lot.

In this journey I'm trying to overcome my "addiction" to sweets.  I saw this idea and thought I would convert it to work for my needs.  I always have frozen fruit, light yogurt and honey on hand and this was too easy to throw together.  In fact, I now have no excuse when I go to reach for a frozen treat because this takes just a few minutes.  

Ingredients: 
2 cups frozen fruit of choice (I used a tropical mix)
6 oz fat free vanilla yogurt
2 tbsp honey 
2 tsp juice for thinning (I used apple)


In a blender, add the fruit and yogurt and pulse until the fruit begins to mush.  This will be a little tricky because the fruit is so dense and you don't have much liquid.  Add the honey and juice and turn the blender on high.  Blend until smooth and thick.  


Place the frozen yogurt in an airtight container and place in the freezer until you're ready to serve it. If you're storing this long term, you'll need to heat it up slightly to eat it to a frozen yogurt consistency.


I love the versatility of this recipe.  You can use any combination of fruit, yogurt or juice.  If you don't have honey, you can use agave nectar as well.  A half cup serving of this is only 2 points plus!  Now that's a treat anyone can enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I just made the peach frozen yogurt...very yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved it! I've got to try a peach flavor since it's my favorite :)

      Delete