Friday, January 10, 2014

Easy Stir Fry Sauce

I love stir fry.  I love it because it's a great way to fit in a ton of veggies and because they cook up fast. Believe it or not I used to struggle making it.  My chicken was always too dry and the vegetables would be under cooked.  I have a lot of practice and have always used a store bought sauce for it. Since I'm doing Weight Watchers I decided to mix up my own sauce tonight and boy is it delicious.  I made a classic chicken stir fry but this sauce would be great with pork or shrimp.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
tsp minced garlic
Tbsp rice vinegar
Tbsp cornstarch
Tbsp honey
dash of black pepper

Whisk everything together and set in the fridge for everything to mingle for a bit.


I diced a pound of chicken breast seasoned with a little Ms. Dash and sautéed quickly at a high heat just to get the outside nice and browned.  Then I added in fresh cut onion, red and orange bell peppers and mushrooms.  Cook everything together until veggies are soft.


Pour over the sauce and mix well at a high heat till it caramelizes. I finished it off with a little sesame seeds because I love them.

My recipe made three servings at 8 points plus.  We served ours over 1/2 cup brown rice for an additional 3 points plus.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy... can we make special requests? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me cubans and I will make you stir fry

      Delete
  2. Made this tonight, it was awesome. I added shrimp and a little Mirin. This is a great tasting recipe.

    ReplyDelete