Saturday, January 18, 2014

Apple Fritters


This recipe came from my two of my most favorite people, Danielle and Abby.  Abby is taking a cooking class for kids and has become quite handy in the kitchen.  Danielle posted some cute pictures of Abby frosting up her fritters this morning and she looked so proud, and I was so proud of her!

These were incredibly tasty and I don't think they could have been more simple.  These would be great for a brunch or get together with the ladies.  I used a red delicious apple but any on hand would work.  In fact, I'm sure you probably have all these ingredients in your kitchen right now.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup milk (I used skim)
1 egg
1 cup diced and peeled apples
oil for frying

for the glaze you will need powdered sugar and milk to the consistency you choose


Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Add in the milk and egg and mix well.  This batter is thick so it may take a few minutes to get it all incorporated.  Mix in the apples.  In a shallow skillet heat the oil until hot, I did mine on high then turned it down to medium when it was smoking.  Drop spoonfuls of the batter and cook until the edges are golden brown, flip and cook for a few more minutes to ensure the insides are cooked through.

Drain on paper towels.  Meanwhile mix together about a cup of powdered sugar and a few tablespoons of milk to make a runny consistency.  Put the cooked fritters in the glaze and coat well.  Sit aside to cool.  Serve warm and try not to eat them all! Enjoy!


                          Even my little taste tester loved them.



No comments:

Post a Comment