Sunday, January 19, 2014

BBQ Chicken Sliders


I'm from the south, the deep south.  We eat a lot of barbecue and we are picky about it too.  I've been making pulled pork for years but for the first time ever, I made it with chicken.  It's such an easy meal and make tons to feed a crowd on a budget.  I used thighs but a white meat would work too.  I also "cheated" with bottled barbecue sauce but if you're crafty enough to whip up your own then I'm all for it!  The "slider" portion of these are just making them mini.  We used sweet rolls.

Ingredients:
Chicken thighs (with skin and bone, trust me)
Chicken broth
Pepper
1 bottle of BBQ sauce of your choice

In the crock pot, add the chicken thighs and pepper.  Fill about half way with the broth and let cook on high for four hours until the chicken falls of the bone.  Take out the chicken and shred it in chunks.  Drain the excess broth from the crock pot and add the chicken back in.  Pour on the bbq sauce and combine well.  Keep at a low heat until ready to serve up. Enjoy!

If following Weight Watchers, one bun with 1 heaping tbsp of chicken is 4 points plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment