Monday, August 18, 2014

Low Fat Banana Bread


I usually make banana nut muffins when our bananas become to ripe since they have become my husband's favorite. They were the very first thing we ever made in our stand mixer, and from that day on we have made an endless amount of muffins. Today, I had three bananas just sitting on our counter, overly ripe, and ready to be baked. I knew there wouldn't be any complaints if I made banana bread, but I didn't have any walnuts. I figured why not make a banana bread that I can enjoy as well. Since this recipe is Weight Watchers friendly I couldn't wait to try it out. By adding oatmeal this banana bread has a nice light texture, as well as added fiber. Lucky for me, 1/10 of this bread is only 4 points plus! And who doesn't love the smell of baked banana bread?


Ingredients:
(Adapted from Weight Watchers)

1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp melted light butter
1 large egg
1 large egg white
3 bananas, mashed

In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Beat together the butter, egg and egg white. Add to the mixing bowl along with the mashed bananas. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment