Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wonton Apple Pies

Adam and I love to bake apple pies together, and by together, I mean he takes care of the apples.  I'm a little bummed that he is gone training right now and I really wanted a giant slice of comforting apple pie.  Since I follow Weight Watchers, I wasn't going to waste points and needed a healthy alternative to an apple pie sitting on my counter tempting me.  This recipe is a modified version of one directly from Weight Watchers.  They were delicious! I already had wonton wrappers left over from another recipe and I couldn't believe how well they worked with this sweet treat.  They cook up incredibly fast and even Owen ate two of them.  I absolutely love when diet food doesn't taste diet at all!

Ingredients:
14 wonton wrappers
1 large granny smith apple, minced
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp light butter
cinnamon sugar for dusting

Start by peeling, coring and mincing the granny smith apple and placing it in a small bowl.  Add the lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon and combine until all the apples are coated.  Fill the wonton wrappers with a tsp of the apple mixture. Moisten the edges of the wrappers with a little water and fold in half; pinching off the edges to seal them.  Melt the butter in the microwave.  Brush each wonton with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Serve warm.  Enjoy!

Two of these are only 2 points plus! Now that's an apple pie I can enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment