Thursday, February 6, 2014

Jackie's White Chicken Chili



My best friend, Audrey, and I have been friends for nearly 17 years.  I know what you're thinking, wow that must be an incredible relationship.  Truth is, it's the best! We are so close and really share everything with each other.  Her older sister, Jackie, shared this recipe with me. When I first saw the ingredients I was a little surprised.  A whole block of cheese? In a chili?  But please let me assure you that this is absolutely amazing!  The smell permeated our home.  It was so hearty, spicy and delicious that I had to go back for seconds.  I served this for a playdate lunch and I'm glad that I did because it just felt inviting.  

Ingredients:
5 cups cooked diced chicken breast
8 oz block of pepperjack cheese 
16 oz jar salsa
2 tsp cumin
32 oz chicken stock
3 15 oz cans of great northern beans

In a large pot, combine the chicken, salsa, cumin, and chicken stock.  Chop the pepperjack into tiny bite size pieces so it's easy to melt once heated, add to the pot.  Rinse and drain the great northern beans and add them in.  Bring the chili to a rapid boil and then turn down to a simmer.  Let simmer for 2 to 3 hours while the excess liquid boils off and the chili thickens.  (You could also use a crock pot and cook for 3 hours on high and 2 hours on low, stirring often)

We topped ours with sour cream and green onions and I served chips and guacamole on the side. A one and half cup serving is only 8 points plus. Enjoy!


I think it's safe to say that it was enjoyed by everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment