Friday, February 28, 2014

Meatless Baked Ziti


I love a good pasta dish.  This one is cheesy, simple, and delicious.  I could easily make this meal in a half hour which makes it the perfect dish for a family on-the-go.  It makes a large portion so I simply divide it between too dishes and freeze one for lunch the following weekend.  With just five ingredients, it's super affordable too!

Ingredients:
1 box whole grain penne pasta
1 jar light alfredo sauce
1 jar traditional pasta sauce
1 bag mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (I used the leftover from making Cesear Salad)

In a large pot, bring the pasta to a boil with a little salt.  While the pasta cooks, mix together the alfredo sauce, pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add directly to the sauce. Pour into a prepared 13x9 inch pan and top with the shredded parmesan cheese (At this point, I split mine between two 9x9 pans to freeze one). Bake covered at 350 for about 20 minutes, remove the foil and finish baking until the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!

This comes out to 8 points plus per cup! I enjoyed two servings for a splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment