Friday, February 14, 2014

5 Years!

Today is our anniversary.  I'm sure you're all thinking how cheesy are they to get married on Valentine's, but we really have the Army to thank for that. The only four day weekend the year we got married was Valentine's weekend and that Saturday just happened to be the 14th.

Adam and I met on Match.com and got married five months later.  We heard a lot of negativity from everyone.  I heard that I was using him for his money (he was a E-4 with barely any time in service; I can assure you he had no money for me to use him for), or that we wouldn't make it 5 months because we barely knew each other.  I wonder what all those people are thinking now.  It hasn't been easy but what marriage is?  Five years of happiness, excitement, understanding, compassion, resilience, and lots of hard work have gotten us here.  We've survived two combat deployments, two babies, two cross country moves and countless field problems, schools and nights away.  I would say we are better now than we ever were in the beginning.

These five years have been perfect.  If I could go back and do it all again; I would do it exactly the same way.  I'm right where I am supposed to be.  I can't wait to see what the next 5 have in store for us (and a whole lot of 5's after that)!

1 comment:

  1. I get the same about getting married on Valentines day but we can also thank the military for that but in a different way lol! Wes wanted his brother there as his best man and that month happened to be the time he'd be in AZ for training for he was in the military. Valentines weekend was the only weekend he could get to come and visit lol!

    ReplyDelete