Saturday, April 26, 2014

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


I think it's a miracle! I finally found a cookie recipe that bakes up fluffy, soft, and chewy. And actually stays that way!  It definitely helps that they are quite delicious too.  I love to bake cookies for my family on the weekends and fill up our cookie jar for the week. But, I hate that after they cool off you need a hammer to get through them. The secret is adding in a few teaspoons of cornstarch.  Lucky for us, I always keep cornstarch on hand for the kids.  It is the only thing I use for diaper rash! This will be my new "go to" recipe and I look forward to making many different variations.  I even let my little Haley try a mini one and to say she loved it would be an understatement!

Ingredients:
(Adapted from Sallys Baking Addiction)

3/4 cup butter, softened (I used light)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups unbleached flour
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars.  Add in egg, vanilla, cornstarch and salt.  Once everything is combined, slowly add in the flour.  Fold in chocolate chips and place the mixing bowl in the fridge to chill for an hour.  Drop a tsp size of dough 2 inches apart and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  These cookies will stay pale in color so check the edges for browning.  They will be done when you press the top and it feels firm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment