Friday, April 4, 2014

Pizza Stuffed Shells


This was my first time making stuffed shells.  I love all things pasta, and truthfully, all things baked with gooey cheese is a winner in my book.  I couldn't believe how easy and filling these were.  I would say the most time consuming part was filling the shells themselves, but it was definitely worth it.  If I had a pot luck to attend anytime soon this would be my dish of choice!  They were enjoyed by everyone and my little sister, who is picky, ate three!


Ingredients:
1 box jumbo shells
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
8 oz mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
1 small can diced black olives
1 tbsp garlic
salt
pepper
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 jar marinara sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Cook the shells in salted water until soft, about 10 minutes. In a large skillet, brown the sausage, once cooked through drain and return to pan.  Add in everything but the sauce and cheese.  Once the veggies become translucent, stir in half the jar of marinara.  Fill each shell with the mixture.  When finished, top with remaining marinara and cheese.  Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes.  Enjoy!

This makes enough to fill a 13x9 pan so I split mine into two portions and froze one for a later date. You could easily change this up with different toppings, using ground beef instead of sausage or even using pepperoni.



No comments:

Post a Comment