Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Grilled Pineapple


Say hello to my new favorite dessert!  I love fruit! I haven't met one that I don't consider my friend.  My husband thought I was absolutely nuts for throwing some pineapple slices on the grill. Let me tell you, the sweet juice caramelizes, and when you top it with cold ice cream it melts down the side and tastes absolutely delicious. My favorite part is how low in points this is.  I topped mine with some low fat ice cream for two points and two huge pineapple slices.  Even my family enjoyed it, especially because Easter Sunday was hot.


We have this new kitchen tool that carves out the pineapple for you. I love it! My only regret is not buying one sooner.  I love fresh pineapple but it's too expensive to buy pre-cut and way too much work to cut it myself.  Now I can enjoy it anytime I want! When grilling pineapple, it doesn't take very long at all.  Make sure the grill is extremely hot.  Cook on one side for about three minutes then flip it over for another three to five minutes.  Top with some yummy vanilla ice cream and serve immediately!



No comments:

Post a Comment