Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Foil Packet Shrimp

It has been absolutely gorgeous here!  We've spent the last three days with the windows wide open! It's about time that we are able to use our grill.  Tonight we enjoyed some nice steak and shrimp.  I foolishly left the grocery store thinking I had skewers at home but they were nowhere to be found, and I didn't want to turn the oven on if I didn't have too.  This was definitely an easy way to make shrimp! You throw them in a foil packet with some lemon and seasonings and set it on the grill while you cook up the rest of your food!

There are really so many ways to make these.  All I did was take 1/2 pound of peeled and de-veined shrimp, and after washing them, I placed them on top of a few fresh lemon slices in a piece of foil. I sprinkled them with garlic salt and Old Bay seasoning. I closed up the foil really tight and set on the top of my hot grill (you want to leave them out of direct heat).  Mine took about 15 minutes to cook up, so I started them just before my steaks.  Next time, I'm going to use fresh garlic and lime juice and serve it over rice! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment