Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mini Cheeseburgers


Maggie and her girls came over for lunch today.  My first thought was to make something easy since I like to chit-chat and not be stuck in the kitchen.  My second thought was making something kid friendly.  I wanted to make a good cheeseburger; since it was mostly toddlers consuming the food I knew that a bite sized meal was the way too go.  These little burgers were very mommy friendly too.  I cooked them in the oven, much like a meatloaf, and I could walk away and enjoy my time instead of "babysitting" them.  We served them up on my favorite Hawaiian rolls and added watermelon as the side.  You could customize them with lettuce and tomato but they were a crowd pleaser plain.  You could stretch it easily with two pounds of meat and get about 18 mini burgers.

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
seasoning salt
pepper
garlic powder
1/4 cup bread crumbs
3-4 slices of american cheese (I used 2%)
Hawaiian rolls

In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the cheese and rolls.  Spread evenly into a 9x9 inch pan and bake covered for 20-30 minutes at 400.  Once the burgers have cooked through (they will shrink) pour off the grease left behind.  Top with the cheese and place them back in the oven for 5-8 minutes.  Cut them into 9 pieces to fit inside the Hawaiian rolls. Serve warm.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment