Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm Never Buying Green Onions Again


I won't ever have to buy green onions again! Now, I will have some sitting nicely on my window sill. I never imagined how easy they are to maintain and how mildly delicious they are.  We use green onions for a lot of recipes. I always top my baked potatoes with them and throw them in a good salad.

All you have to do is cut just above the white section the next time you use green onions.  Place them in water, up to the start of the green area, in a clear glass and set them in a well lit area.  Every morning change out the water (I just dump mine out and add new while the onions are still in the glass) and in just a few days you'll have fresh green onions! The tops dry out so make sure you snip the hard ends off first and they are ready to eat!

Two Days

Four Days

One Week


No comments:

Post a Comment