Thursday, March 13, 2014

DIY Take 5 Bars


These tasty treats were made for my main squeeze!  Adam said last weekend that he was really craving a Take 5.  I personally have never had one, but had just finished saying I really wanted to make homemade Snickers. Next thing I knew I was buying stuff to make him a Take 5.  I will say that this wasn't the easiest of recipes I've made, but it was definitely worth it in the end.  Although I don't have the original to compare it to; these were delicious!  Give these a little of your time and patience and in the end you too will be able to take five!



Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups broken pretzels (I used sticks)
2 11 oz bags caramels
2 tbsp water
1 cup crushed salted peanuts
1 bag semi sweet chocolates (melted)

Start by lining a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Melt the caramels and water in the microwave at 30 second increments until smooth, mix in the crushed peanuts and heat one more time so the mixture spreads easily.  Moving quickly, pour the mixture onto the cookie sheet and spread evenly. Stick the cookie sheet in the freezer until the caramel hardens.  Meanwhile, stir together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until well combined. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds and pour on top of the hardened caramel.  Press the broken pretzels into the peanut butter mixture and place the sheet bake in the freezer for about an hour.  Once the peanut butter is firmed cut into pieces (I like the rugged look so I just broke mine apart) and dip them with a fork into the melted chocolate.  Shake off the excess chocolate and set on parchment paper.  Once you've dipped all the candy bars, place them bake in the freezer until the chocolate cools.  Enjoy!

Charlie enjoyed the last of the peanut butter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment