Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Biscuit Monkey Bread


We don't eat very many biscuits.  I know this would probably shock most of my southern friends and family, but it's just not something we even buy unless I'm making biscuits and gravy.  We've had a can sitting in the back of the fridge for a few weeks now, and before it expired I decided to make some monkey bread.  This recipe is an adaption from the Pillsbury site.  I used one can and reduced the amount of butter and sugar.  Since I count points I wanted to be honest... if this is split into 8 servings they total 7 points plus each.  Today I wanted something warm and gooey; this monkey bread was definitely worth it!

Ingredients:
(adapted from Pillsbury)

1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can Grands! Butter Tastin' Biscuits
1/4 cup light butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

In a container with a lid, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.  Cut the biscuits into quarters and toss into the container.  Place the lid on top and give it a good shake.  Place the biscuits in a prepared flute pan (toss out the excess sugar mixture).  Melt together the butter and brown sugar then pour over the biscuits and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Flip onto a plate and serve warm! Enjoy!



Haley was my cute little baking assistant today!



2 comments:

  1. I love making these!! Add some pecans for some added yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had nuts I would have definitely thrown them in!

      Delete