Monday, March 10, 2014

Garlic Mashed Potatoes


Mashed potatoes are a staple in every American home.  You can dress them up or serve them plain and they really compliment any meal.  My mom, hands down,  makes the best mashed potatoes I've ever eaten! Unfortunately, I haven't quite been able to master them and since I'm usually busy with the kids my hand held potato masher does the trick.  Adam loves these potatoes and since I make them with light butter and skim milk my waist line doesn't mind them either. This recipe can be doubled or even tripled for a larger crowd but this is just enough for my family of 4.

Ingredients:
5 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup skim milk (keep it handy if you like your potatoes really creamy)
3 tbsp light butter
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp green onions (I grew them myself!)
salt 
pepper


In a pot, bring the potatoes to a boil, and cook until easily pierced with a fork.  Drain the water, add in milk, butter, salt and pepper (to your taste) and mash with a potato masher or fork.  Once the potatoes are smooth, stir in the garlic and green onions.  Salt and pepper again (to taste). Serve immediately! Enjoy!

We served ours with a slow cooked lemon chicken and honey glazed carrots! A half cup servings was 3 points plus and I even had room for dessert!


It was such a hit with Haley that she had to eat her brother's too!




No comments:

Post a Comment