Monday, January 19, 2015

Low Fat Ranch Dip


I think we all love ranch dressing. It's especially tasty as a dip, in fact, it's one of the first dips I gave my children. I don't think carrots, celery, or chicken wings taste the same without it. Unfortunately, it's fattening! On my conquest to a healthier me (and family), I wanted to experiment with different low fat items. This ranch dip is made using greek yogurt, milk and dry ranch seasonings. The result was a tangy twist on a classic. And while its thick and delicious, I can't see myself pouring it over a salad. As a dip, however, I am all over this! 1/3 cup is only 1 Weight Watchers point plus, too! I don't think we can beat that!!


It just doesn't get any simpler than this recipe either. You need a clean glass jar with a tight seal and your three ingredients. Mix together 1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk and your packet of dry ranch. I added 1/4 tsp of salt, as well. This helps to cut through the sour taste of the yogurt. Shake your jar really well and store it in the fridge! You're ready to dip your veggies!!




No comments:

Post a Comment