Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mini Lemon Muffins


I've discovered a treat! A tasty, sweet, simple treat. A one point bite size treat. And I am in love.

These lemon muffins are just what I need for my afternoon snack. Pair one or two with a non fat greek yogurt and I'm satisfied enough to make it till dinner. I find treats like these are almost necessary when "dieting" because human nature, in general, causes us to crave the things we can't have. I choose to eat everything I love, but in portions that are controllable. Bite sized treats are the best way for me to handle that. It's also a bonus that the tiny fingers in my house enjoyed these too. 


Ingredients: 

1 box lemon cake mix
1 cup cold water
5 oz container of lemon (or vanilla) non fat greek yogurt

Preheat your oven to 350. Mix together all the ingredients and fill 3/4 of your mini muffin tins. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Be sure to store the mixture in the fridge while baking each batch. As these muffins cool they will become more dense which will turn them more muffin like! I was able to make 45 muffins, making them 1 point plus each. You'll have to calculate and adjust based on the amount to you get. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment