Friday, August 22, 2014

Stuffed French Bread


Anything stuffed is a friend of mine! Seriously though... I love good, crunchy bread and stuffing it with delicious filling is right up my alley. What I love even more is a simple, quick, tasty and kid friendly dinner. Now, let's be clear here, while these taste absolutely wonderful they are far from kid friendly if you aren't looking for a mess to clean up. I personally don't mind sticking my kiddos in the bath after dinner so this was a hit. It doesn't look to appetizing (just being honest) but I promise they are packed full of flavor. I'm sure this will be a winner for your whole family! I know it was for mine!


Ingredients:
(Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse)

1 large loaf of french bread
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used 98% fat free)
splash of milk
seasoning salt
pepper
1 1/4 cup shredded cheese

Slice your french bread in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle of the loaf on each side. In a skillet, brown the ground beef draining off the excess fat. Add in the garlic and onions. Once the onion is translucent, stir in the can of soup. You'll want to add the milk 1 tbsp at a time to thin out the mixture slightly. Season to taste with seasoning salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of cheese to the bottom loaf of bread. Then add 1/2 cup of the cheese to your warm mixture. Once the cheese has melted pile the ground beef into the scooped out portion of your bread (on top of the cheese). Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Place the top half of bread on and put on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment