Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pepperoni Cheese Sticks


We eat way too much pizza in our house.  I'd love to point fingers and say that it's because of my two boys, but in reality, I love it just as much! My absolute favorite pizza is the pepperoni crazy bread from Little Cesears!  Owen and I went there a few months ago to get one for dinner and wouldn't you know, they've taken it off their menu! I was devastated! Ever since that day I have craved it and knew I'd need to find a way to make my own.

Back in the day, I worked for Pizza Hut.  I was a young, crazy, high school gal who could eat what she wanted and not have to worry so much.  I would make breadsticks and top them with lots of ooey cheese and Italian sausage.  I promise I shared with my best friend and co-worker, Cassandra! We would go to town on those bad boys.  Because of this, I know the concept of building and topping a pizza! You've got to do the cheese just right so the toppings don't fall off. 

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose baking mix
5 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup water
1 tsp pizza seasonings (Italian will work too)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
toppings of choice


Mix together the baking mix, parmesan cheese, seasonings and water.  Press firmly into the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan (I had to flour my hands since the dough was sticky).  Top with about 3/4 cup of the cheese.  Build your toppings and sprinkle the rest of the cheese to help "hold down" the toppings.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Dip in your favorite sauce! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment