Friday, November 7, 2014

"Extra" Muddy Buddies

I cannot believe it has been a month since I've blogged. After a much needed vacation to Puerto Rico, my family has been laying low. Adam and I sipped Pina Coladas on the beach under a nice big umbrella. The kids enjoyed time with my mom in Atlanta, going to the park and eating Owen's favorite, I-Hop. Owen has also been enjoying preschool! He had his first Halloween party and dressed up as Ironman. I've never in my life seen a kid so excited for school. He begs us to go! The mornings that he has school, he springs right out of bed! Haley is still her usual, happy, energetic self. Her little legs go as fast as they can across the house, all day long.


To kick off this holiday season we decided to make some muddy buddies. I think every American household has enjoyed this treat at some point. I know it's nothing new or special but we do make ours a little more "muddy". I love for the cereal to be well coated while still being crispy. I have found that not only do you have to make some extra coating, but you have to mix everything in small batches first.

I start by measuring out 8 cups of rice chex.


In a pot, melt down 5 tablespoons of salted butter.


Add in 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter.


Add 1/3 of the cereal to a large bowl and pour 1/3 of the chocolate mixture over the top.


 Mix it well and repeat with more cereal and chocolate until every piece is covered.


Add the coated cereal to a gallon size ziplock bag and pour a generous amount of powdered sugar to the bag. And then, as Owen would say, SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!


It's ready to munch once it's all powdered! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment