Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


Tomorrow the kids and I are getting up bright and early for a cookie swap at my good friend Amy's house. I wanted to branch out from the traditional types(though I still made oatmeal raisins), so I went with something rich and delicious. This recipe comes together very quick. These are soft and very decadent. I'm so excited to see what the other ladies bring, but I'm mostly excited for the conversation! Its fun to get together, gab and let the kids play. And well, Amy's breakfast she put together sounds pretty darn good too!

Ingredients:

2 sticks softened salted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips


With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until a thick dough forms. Fold in one cup of the chocolate chips. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet, press them down slightly. Top them with a few chocolate chips and bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes. When they are finished cooking, leave them on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes to firm up. Store in an airtight container (if they make them that long)! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment