Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Chex Mix



I've seen this recipe running around for a few years now. Honestly, it's always sounded so amazing but incredibly sweet! My baby sister is in town this week and we felt like baking. So, off to Walmart we went in hopes of finding all the ingredients for this treat. I will not lie. This is INCREDIBLY sweet. But, it is always INCREDIBLY delicious! I couldn't sneak the bowl away from Haley (she's easily addicted). It's now clear why people recommend this for the holidays. I can imagine it's nothing short of a crowd pleaser and easily a gift. Oh and please don't let me forget, this is even easier to make than muddy buddy!


Ingredients:
(Adapted from Cooking Classy)

7 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Golden Grahams cereal
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup butter

In a large bowl add the cereal, almonds and coconut. Set aside. Melt together the corn syrup, butter and sugar until it's bubbling. Pour slowly and evenly over the cereal mixture. Slowly fold it together, coating all the cereal. Store in a covered container. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment