Saturday, December 27, 2014

Chicken Salad


Chicken salad is one of the most versatile lunch creations out there. You can add or subtract just about any of the ingredients, with the exception of chicken, of course. I know most recipes call for shredded chicken, but that's simply not how I like it. This is the recipe I use to feed my family. We love to put it on croissants since they add a nice buttery complex!


Ingredients:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup light mayo
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground mustard


Cook your chicken breast in the oven with your favorite seasoning (I just used salt and pepper). Meanwhile, dice the onion and celery and add them to a small bowl. Once the chicken is cooked and cooled slightly, dice it into chunks. Add the mayo, garlic salt, pepper and mustard. Mix together until everything is coated. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment