Friday, May 16, 2014

Tuna Casserole

I am a lover of all things tuna! I realize that this may or may not be normal, but I figured it could always be worse. Typically, canned tuna is dumped in a bowl and covered with mayonnaise but that just doesn't do it any justice.  Why not fancy it up?  Especially with it being so economically friendly!  This recipe is my version of one of my favorites from growing up.  My grandma was an exceptional cook and I loved her tuna casserole.  She cooked with love but she also cooked from memory; I had to do my best to come with something I would consider CLOSE to hers.  Although, not as good. I can imagine she's probably not too thrilled with the idea of me topping it with cheese, but I love the creamy texture it adds. Since my mom was one of five kids I'm sure that's how this recipe even came about.  It's fast, easy, cheap and feeds a lot, for a little.

Ingredients:
12 oz box of noodles (I used whole wheat)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans tuna in water, drained
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup milk
salt
pepper
cheese (optional)


Cook noodles according to directions.  Once they are drained, stir in the cream of mushroom, milk, tuna and peas.  Salt and pepper to taste and top with desired amount of cheese.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment