Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hawaiian Fried Rice

I'm B-A-C-KKKKK!

Man, have I been on a serious break or what!?  And as sad as it is, that means my poor family has been eating the same ole boring meals! No new dinners, or cookies, or fancy snacks, and quite frankly, I think we're all a little bored. But, now I'm back! Yay!


Fried rice is my new "garbage" go to meal. By this, I mean that you can take those frozen veggies and leftover meat and throw them in a pan with some stale rice and call it a meal. There's no secret magic to it and, aside from the chopping of a few things, you can cook a whole dinner in 10 minutes.  The most important thing is how cheap it can be. For instance, those pork chops you made that are now just sitting in the fridge, begging someone to eat them, can be chopped, tossed and ready for consuming!


Hawaiian fried rice is the best version of a classic, in my honest opinion. I love ham and pineapple! This fried recipe melds all those classic fried rice flavors we love with the salty ham and sweet pineapple. I used canned pineapple and leftover ham from our new ham and cheese gnocchi dish. Yum!

Ingredients:

2 cups brown rice (let it sit out for about an hour to dry out)
1/2 cup diced ham
1/2 cup diced pineapple
2 eggs
veggies of choice (I used onion, peas and carrots)
1 tbsp sesame oil
soy sauce, to taste

In a large skillet, warm the sesame oil on high heat. Dump in the rice and sauté for just a few minutes. Add in the ham and veggies and continue to sauté on high heat, browning the veggies. Push all of the rice mixture to one side of the pan, add in the eggs and quickly scramble them. Mix everything together and add the soy sauce and a little black pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the pineapple. Serve immediately! Enjoy!

This recipe is very easily doubled and remember to move quickly so you don't burn anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment